O My Bag’s purpose is to produce bags that not only make you look good, but that also make a positive difference in the world. By making well made and eco friendly leather bags and accessories available to consumers, we provide small communities in India with a sustainable livelihood. We’ve concluded that supporting conscious trade is the best way to alleviate poverty, and it’s what we get up for in the mornings.
We are looking for an enthusiastic intern who is able to join our team for six months. Are you interested in sustainable fashion, marketing & business, user centered (experience) design and want to dive into the world of a young and growing start-up? You’d be part of a small and devoted team and fully involved in the day-to-day activities.
Do you not only want to create beautiful things, but also something that has meaning to our customers and will bring us to the next level?
COMPANY O My Bag
We are about to launch a complete redesign of our website. This new website will come with some challenging opportunities for you to improve and make the user experience even better. Are you interested to research our current user experience, play around with fonts and images, understand and improve our customer journey, A/B test different parts of our website or do you have other great ideas and ways to improve our online presence?
We’re always challenging ourselves to improve our storytelling and the way we communicate to our target group. By doing research and testing you can find ways to improve our storytelling through design. This could be done by creating new website pages, creating redesigns or finding new intuitive ways to bring our story under the attention of our customers.
Do you get excited over the idea to work on photoshoots and you know how to handle a camera? You’ll go out and about to shoot social media content on the streets of Amsterdam or crisp product pictures in our office studio.
You’re a socially engaged global citizen, that is excited about our social mission to create an impact on the fair fashion industry and empower women in India.
Just like any other intern, we can count on you regarding general office activities. We’re looking for ambitious interns who are not afraid to work hard and contribute to our grand goals of global market reach.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS
- Graphic Design and/or UI/UX Comunication and multimedia design or equivalent
- Knowledge of the English language, writing and speaking
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign or Illustrator)
- Pro-active and driven. You have a can-do mentality and always look for opportunities.
- You are well-read, active on social media, socially engaged and interested in international development
- You are available for 6 months and live in (or nearby) Amsterdam
WHAT WE WILL OFFER
- €300 salary p/m
- 40 hour workweek
- Responsibility and versatile tasks]
- An inspiring and creative work environment
- Ability to experience the pace, atmosphere and discipline of a social and sustainable fashion brand
HOW TO APPLY
Sounds like fun? Please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org