COMPANY Fashion For Good
# OF HOURS 40
We seek an Intern who will be responsible for scouting & screening innovations and supporting the innovation manager with their day to day activities. The focus areas for scouting will be alternative raw materials, manufacturing (i.e. dyeing, finishing & cut-make-trim), new business models, end-of-use (i.e.recycling/upcycling), and transparency & traceability. The Intern will be part of the Fashion for Good innovation team and will predominantly be working from Fashion for Good’s Amsterdam office. Key responsibilities of the Intern include the following.
Scouting and Evaluating Startups
- Map and update the landscape of innovators (e. start-ups) to further strengthen our innovator database in selected focus areas
- Screen innovators (e. start-ups) based on Fashion for Good’s established due diligence framework as part of the evaluation process for the scaling programme
Supporting Innovation Team
- Assist Fashion for Good’s Innovation Managers in the creation of the deliverables outlined in the innovator’s roadmap to scale (e. financial analysis: return on investments, impact analysis, project management, etc)
- Assist in the creation of the due diligence reporting for our corporate partners
- Hands on support with the organisation of the events (e. innovation fest) organized by Fashion for Good
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENTS
- The ideal candidate combines strong interpersonal skills with a self-starting, pro-active attitude. The following qualifications are essential:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail
- A basic understanding of financial statements, the supply chain, & the fashion industry
- Capacity to work in a demanding and multicultural environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Pro-activeness, enthusiasm, can-do attitude, and comfort in dealing with uncertainty
- The following experience is a plus: relevant work experience (e.g. internships: 0-1 years) in venture capital, impact investing, management consulting, sustainability, the apparel industry, or an entrepreneurial / start-up setting.
- Academic degree preferably within business, economics, (textile) engineering, chemistry, or biotechnology.
- Proficiency in English is a requirement.
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application, consisting of a short motivation letter and your CV, via e-mail with the position you are applying for in the subject title to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.