Fashion for Good aims to reimagine how fashion is designed, made, worn and reused. Launched in March 2017 with founding partner C&A Foundation and an open invitation to the entire apparel industry to join, Fashion for Good connects brands, retailers, suppliers, non-profit organisations, innovators and funders to work together in their shared ambition to make fashion a force for good.
Together with our corporate partners adidas, BESTSELLER, C&A, Galeries Lafayette, Kering, Otto Group, PVH Corp., Target, Stella McCartney and Zalandowe aim to enable the breakthrough innovation and widespread adoption of good fashion practice. Our innovation platform focuses on sparking and scaling technologies and business models that have the greatest potential to transform the industry. We provide support to these innovators based on their business maturity through three key programmes: our Fashion for Good-Plug and Play Accelerator, our Scaling Programme and our Good Fashion Fund.
As a convenor for change, Fashion for Good enables conversation and collaboration, by bringing together likeminded organisations in the co-working space in Amsterdam. Our hub in Amsterdam, also houses the Fashion for Good Experience, the world’s first interactive museum for sustainable fashion innovation that aims to change the hearts and minds of its visitors.
COMPANY Fashion For Good
# OF HOURS 40
We seek a full-time Marketing and Communications Coordinator to support the team on raising awareness of Fashion for Good and attract new partners, members, vistors and innovators. The Coordinator will help execute the communications strategy and will also co-develop content for the Fashion for Good Experience.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Communications Manager in building and executing the marketing and communications strategy for Fashion for Good. This includes identifying key press, influencers and industry players and developing creative and strategic collaborations with them.
- Providing support on the creation of written materials (including research and thought-leadership pieces) as well as developing all marketing tools i.e. event invitations, press releases and copy for the Experience.
- Supporting the Communications Manager on press release distribution and reporting on media results.
- Preparing for interviews.
- Doing research on potential story angles and media outlets.
- Reaching out to press to expand the visibility of Fashion for Good.
Development of the Experience Shop Themes, Brand Selection and Innovators:
- Together with the team researching potential brands for the Experience and assessing their sustainability credentials using the high-level checklist.
- Preparing copy and content for the Experience around the brands and themes.
- Creating content around the innovators that are part of the Fashion for Good Programmes, to be featured in the Experience.
- Helping to develop strategic programming.
- Providing support on, planning and executing successful events for the Experience, ensuring good attendance, guest list services and solid media coverage.
- Helping with press reporting and boosting the engagement of FFG’s key partners and stakeholders.
CANDIDATE PROFILE AND REQUIREMENT
The final candidate has a strong track record in project management, copywriting and press outreach.A strong knowledge of the fashion industry and sustainability is mandatory.
The following characteristics are essential:
- Experience in the apparel/fashion industry with demonstrated commitment for personal action for global transformation.
- Ability to act within a complex stakeholder environment and ensure different perspectives are considered.
- Confidence in working in a truly global setting backed by diverse international experience.
- Ability to manage complex projects and self-starter initiative to navigate an entrepreneurial environment.
- Exceptional written, oral, interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Flexibility to adjust the course and analytical skills to evaluate different options and propose preferred solutions.
- Creative thinking with the ability for sound judgement and to counsel management on implementation challenges.
- Pro-active, can-do attitude, comfortable in dealing with uncertainty and drive with an eye on budget and timelines.
- Well organised, resourceful, and nimble personality, effectively marshalling multiple resources to get things done.Academic degree in a relevant subject
Native English; Dutch language skills are a plus
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your application, consisting of a short motivation letter and your CV, via e- mail with the position you are applying for in the subject title to: email@example.com. The ideal candidate is already located in the Netherlands or can easily relocate to Amsterdam. International applications are nevertheless encouraged. Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.