It’s time for a challenge! Are you in for a 10×10?
What is the 10x10 challenge?
You might have heard about this challenge before. In 2015, Style Bee’s Lee Vosburg, challenged herself with a 10-day Shopping Fast she invented as the 10×10 Style Challenge™. Creating a mini capsule wardrobe with only 10 items of clothing for 10 days. The goal? Living with less items and wearing clothing pieces more creatively. Like I show on my Instagram Reels more often, there are always multiple ways to wear different pieces of your clothing.
WHAT IS INCLUDED?
So, what can you wear during these 10 days? Officially – according to Lee – Tops, sweaters, pants, dresses, shoes and jackets are all included and yours to pick 10 items from. Hats, bags, scarves, jewelry and gloves are not included in the 10 items, but don’t go too wild with that. We will leave winter coats out, as the weather is getting colder.
You can adjust the challenge to make it work for you. Having a hard time with the shoes, take that category out and add an extra top – for instance.
The first thought that might enter your mind may be this: ‘Why would I ever do this to myself?’ Off course I understand your initial hesitancy to this little adventure, but there are many good reasons to take this challenge on. You might want to take a short break from all the shopping and appreciate the items you already own. By doing this challenge you might start to look differently at your closet and encourage you to be more creative with the clothing pieces you already own.
At Let’s Talk Slow we will start the 10×10 fall edition on Monday 16 November. However you can start this 10 day challenge whenever you’re ready or feel like it.
HOW TO GET STARTED WITH THE 10x10 Challenge?
- Look at your own closet and pick 10 items you would like to work with during the challenge. These can be your favorite pieces or types of clothing that suit the current season or your personal style most. When picking your items, it’s important there is a right balance – think of tops and bottoms, you can’t go with 7 tops and no bottoms.
- Picked your 10 items? Look twice and think about the combinations you can make. Do you have enough choice or do you need to swap an item to have an ultimate mini capsule?
- You can use any 10 days to complete the challenge
- Have fun & don’t take it too seriously. You can always adjust the challenge to your own personal style and preferences, but don’t give up! It’s just 10 days.
You can also pick items that usually stay in you closet. It’s a great way of seeing how you can style the pieces differently. Hopefully it inspires you to wear it more often after the challenge.
THREE QUESTIONS TO ASK YOURSELF, TO KNOW IF YOUR SELECTION WORKS.
- What kinds of activities do I have planned? Can I create an outfit with the selection?
- Do the colours match?
- Can you layer all the shapes? F.i. V-necks vs. round necks.
MY TEN ITEMS
MY TEN LOOKS